Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Time When I Showed Courage

Everybody thinks of courage in different ways. Courage could be facing your fears or accomplishing something amazing and there are many other ways to think of it to. I think of it as facing your fears. Everyone has had a chance or has shown courage in their lifetime. My family and I were in singapore for a baseball tournament and this was our last game of the day.


We got to be in the field first and the other team got to bat. Out of my team (which was 9 people) I got the best field position which was shortstop. Shortstop was the best position because you got to call out all the plays and mostly all the baseballs go in that direction. I like baseball to be hit to me but I dont like them to hit me. Finally the last batter on their team was up. Our pitcher pitched the ball and he hit it straight at me! It was a line drive which ment it was aiming at my chest and right before I caught it it bounced and hit me in the stomach! It really hurt but at least I got the batter out and it was our turn to bat.


Now it was our turn to bat. This tournament was only supposed to be for children ages 10-12 but their pitcher was 15 years old and pitched 90 miles per hour! All my friends hit the ball and either got a single or a double. They would also always eventually get to home base. Finally the second last batter Caleb batted and got a single. As I stepped up to home plate my legs were shaking like I was freezing cold. As I got ready I thought in my mind if we were the last to bat, we were tied and I hit the ball all we had to do was run home. So two strikes had gone by. This was the last pitch. As the pitcher wound up I got ready to swing and BAM! I hit the ball to hard and in the wrong place so it really hurt my hand but we won the game!

As the game ended everybody started throwing me up in the air like I hit a home run or something but in the end I learned a really big lesson. The lesson was that unless it is something dangerous or that could kill you don't back out. I was really proud of myself but at the same time I learned a really big lesson thanks to the pitcher that was 15 years old.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the story how you showed you had a lot of evidence, but you should say where in Singapore you had the tournament and which team you played against in the tournament. Do you like baseball or not? After all I liked how you showed courage in your baseball tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norman,
    I enjoyed how you explained how nervous you were but I would want more information about if you were scared before, or if your coach or team was nervous before too. Other than that I think that it was a really nice blog.
    =)

    ReplyDelete