Monday, September 20, 2010

Courage Connections

My friends and I just finished playing British Bulldogs and we were walking back to our lockers when we found an alley that was almost pitch black and inside that alley we heard someone tripping and crying. We found that there was someone in the alley that had gotten hit by someone really hard and she was bleeding. At first my friend's and I wanted to help but right when we were about to talk to her we saw someone behind her and then we all wondered what to do and what the person behind her was doing. So we all wanted to go back in there but then we thought about our safety and we shivered as we thought about what would happen to us if we went back in there. This was one of the times in my life when I felt that I really should of told someone but if I did and the bully found out I would be in a lot of danger.


Another time when I saw bullying and I wanted to help but I couldn't was when I saw a friend of mine being dragged behind the basketball court and so I followed them without them knowing and I saw something. I saw a bunch of girls there too. I remembered a couple of days ago my friend told me a secret and it was about this girl that he really liked and as soon as my thought drifted away I saw him admit right in her face that he really liked her. I really felt like going up to the people who dragged my friend and saying why don't you go up to someone you really like and tell them you like them and see how you feel because I was really annoyed about the fact that he had forced my friend to let out one of his biggest secrets. When he was done telling the person that he liked her his face turned bright red and I felt really sorry for him.

Next time if something like that happens again I would go and help the person that is being bullied. If I tell them to stop and they don't I would probably go tell someone that could handle the situation or maybe someone I feel that could really help and stop the situation right there and now.

Two goals that I have is to tell the newcomers that they shouldn't be scared of the people that are in higher grades than they are because one thing is that they actually never do anything to you although they are tall and huge and the second thing is that if they do they would either get kicked out of school or suspended. Also another goal I have is that whenever I get bullied or see someone else get bullied I should go and tell a teacher and not fight back because fighting isn't going to solve the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment