Thursday, November 4, 2010

The literature circle discussion helped me understand the book more because at some parts of the book it got really confusing and so my group could tell me what actually happened. Also it's cool to see what other people thought about the book and what they wrote. Sometimes you would have the same passage but you would have written down something totally different. If you told the story wrong they could help you fix your mistakes. Sometimes you would have a person that was really good at questions and it's always fun to have a challenge and try to answer their question.

Some of my connections were identical to other's. In the book Brian's parents had a divorce and I have a friend who's parents are divorced to and so did another person in my literature circle. Some of our passages were the same and while we were discussing them, my group would come up with their own connections and it was really interesting.

Some predictions I have are that since the word hatchet is the title and Brian is in the woods, I think he will use his hatchet for survival. He will use it to find food, kill animals and also maybe make a shelter. It will be a very hard life for Brian because his parents are divorced and now he is stranded in the jungle with a hatchet.

No comments:

Post a Comment