Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Giver Blogpost #2

When Jonas learns all about colors, he claims it isn't fair that nothing has color. Why does he say this.

I think that Jonas says that it's not fair to not have color because there are many reasons why. One of those reasons is that if Jonas was going to a party or something and he wanted to wear really nice clothes, he wouldn't be able to. I think that if I was in his position, I would feel really stressed because colors help you express things such as your feelings. For example if I was angry I would choose a bright color, possibly the color of blood such as red. Also color helps explain all sorts of things. For example if there was a person who painted a picture and he wasn't able to use color, then might as well not paint the picture because the color is what helps express the painters feelings. It also helps express moods because if you were sad, you would use a light color. If you were mad, you would choose a dark and bold color. I think those reasons are why Jonas says it's unfair that nothing has color.

If there was color, I think Jonas' community would be shocked but at the same time happy. I think that they would be shocked because for many years, they have been living with the same things and with the same color. It would be very boring to live with the same thing for years because nothing new is ever going to come out. If color starts to appear in Jonas' community, I think that people would be very happy. I also think that more things would come out of the shop. Even if the same old things came out with color and a few modifications, I think a lot of people would buy those things because they are a shock to the community. If we could compare those things to our lives, the new things that came out would be like ferraris. The normal things that all of the people would live with would be like hondas or toyotas to us. If I were to live with the same thing for a whole bunch of years, I think that I would go nuts because I would have to live with the same things for my lifetime. Those reasons are why I think that Jonas says it's not fair to not have color.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, Norman, all from the start, YOUR BLOG POSTS WERE AWESOME! I liked them all! You know that I usually gets bored of reading blogs right? Well, I never even got bored when I read yours! Ok, now for the important part...

    First, I think you chose a good and easy to answer question (to me). I also liked how you really explained everything, extending them so they become longer and I like how you predict what would happen if... such as this one:
    If there was color, I think Jonas' community would be shocked but at the same time happy. I think that they would be shocked because for many years, they have been living with the same things and with the same color.
    If I was someone who have no idea of this book, I can just imagine them when I read your blog! I bet those people who don't know the book would probably like your blog too because it was well explained! But Norman, I think you should however include some quotes in your blog so you can have some more strong evidences to prove your ideas. But overall Norman, it was awesome! Have five! :D

    --Zifan

    ReplyDelete